Friday, September 4, 2009

Has it really been that long?

Ok, So I really need to get better at writing this blog. To be honest, I forgot I had one there for a while.

Madison turned 4 years old last week! My have the years just flown by since she was brought into this world. She is truly a gift from God! One that I dont know what I would do with out. She brings laughter to all my days, and makes me stop and realize that once in a while I needs to stop and just live in the moment. She is truly my sunshine! : )




We had a party at Sullivan Park with friends and family, games and cake. This was so new to us, as we usually have her party at home. Everything worked out fine, and I think that everyone had a great time.
Now to be honest, I gave her two parties (which I do every year). We had one at home on her actual birthday, and then the one at the park a few days later. Katie Miller helped me pull off the one at home.. I think that I should say that she threw Madison the party. She baked the cake, wrapped the gift, and decorated the house with streamers and balloons! Madison was so excited to come in the house and see all the balloons on the floor to play with.




Madison will be starting pre-school in the next few weeks. On the 9th we will attend the orientation that is held the week before classes start. Madison will get to meet with her teacher, find her chair, and see some of the kids that will be in her class.

Although Madison is very excited, I am a little apprehensive about this journey that we are embarking on. Im sure that my smart little one will do just fine making new friends, and learning new things, but Im scared about the first day. The first day that I have to drop her off. What if she cries and doesnt want to go in? What do I do? On the other hand, what if shes so happy to go, that she doesnt care that Im leaving? I will say that I am glad that I only have to go through that on the first day. Kinsey (a friend of mine), will be taking her the rest of the days until she moves. Then comes the task of finding another parent from preschool (that I would trust) that would be willing to pick her up and bring her back to Donnas all in once piece.

As you can tell we have some things going on. I really hope that my little girl will grow up and realize how much her mommy loves her every day and even though she says that shes not a baby, she will always be my baby no matter how big she gets.

No comments: